Submissions are OPEN!
SEIZE THE STAGE
19th April 2014
A festival of new theatre by women
All the Rage Theatre are presenting Seize the Stage, a festival of new theatre by women at Rich Mix on 19th April 2014.
With the aim to foster new collaborations between women in London, we are partnering up 6 playwrights with 6 directors (offering them master classes, some space and actors to work with) culminating in a rehearsed reading of their work. The day itself will involve discussions and Q&As with industry guests, as well as rehearsed readings by actors of the 6 new pieces of work.
Are you a female playwright or director interested in exploring different ways of collaborating? Would you like the opportunity to showcase your work in a supportive environment? If so, read on!
What we are looking for:
o Female playwrights and directors based in London.
o You need to be available all day on 19th April 2014.
o Willing to take part in up to 6 workshops during the 6 weeks prior to the festival, which will be either at weekends or weekday evenings (Exact dates TBC with participants).
Please apply either as a playwright or a director.
What to submit in your application:
If you are a writer, please tell us:
- Why do you want to be involved? Tell us a bit about yourself! (200 words max)
- An idea for a new play. Include a brief synopsis and/or your vision for the piece (200 words max).
- Please do not submit a play you have already written. We are interested in a story in its early stages/an initial idea that you would like to develop through collaboration with a director.
- An example of your writing (5 pages maximum). This can be from a play you have already written, a first draft of a scene for the new idea, or a stand alone scene. It should be writing for theatre (i.e. not a screenplay, treatment, short story).
If you are a director, please tell us:
- Why do you want to be involved? Tell us a bit about yourself!(200 words max).
- What is your vision? What kind of work do you make/would you like to make? (400 words max).
Please send your application to
DEADLINE for SUBMISSION is
* 12 noon, Friday 21st February 2014*
What happens next?
After the deadline our team will review all the applications and let you know the outcome during the first week of March.
Questions? Want more information?
Here is a link to the event: http://www.richmix.org.uk/whats-on/event/seize-the-stage/
We look forward to hearing from you and best of luck!
Lydia Rynne, Cara Verkerk and Zoe Walshe
All the Rage Theatre